Weekend Agenda | DIARY
Posted on February 12, 2013 by Bree Moore
Come the weekend, we share an agenda of things to do, see, discover, watch, eat, read, cook, bake, shop, drink, buy, listen to, visit, wear and many other verbs over the next few days.
1. Cook: Force yourself to eat your green vegetables with this creamy pasta verde with garlic brown butter breadcrumbs recipe from blog How Sweet Eats. The green stuff is coated in delicious cheese and breadcrumbs – yum!
2. DIY: I think Valentine’s Day should be all about the DIY – check out this great tutorial for making candy heart inspired balloons, wrapped up in one adorable package, as well as candy heart baggies and conversation heart tic tac toe DIYs.
3. Discover: Audaciously sculptural or pared down and pristine, today’s great feats of architectural ingenuity are pushing the field in bold new directions. To survey the scene, AD spotlighted ten cutting-edge projects from recent years.
4. Discover: This is just cute and LOL all rolled into one – Letter Writers Alliance allow you to send some standout mail with the ‘Carrier Pigeon’ service. Send a pigeon back and forth – literally – keeping a correspondence through the bird, just like a real carrier pigeon.
5. Make: More Valentine’s Day goodies for you to try out for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day. Here are some delicious and adorable Edible Arrow Valentines, made of heart-shaped sugar cookies, pretzels, chocolate flavoured almond bark and Strawberry airheads.
6. Discover: The amusement park in Prypiat, Ukraine, was open for one day only: April 27, 1986, the day after the Chernobyl meltdown. 25 years of disrepair does wonders for your average amusement park’s levels of creepiness, resulting in a haunting sequence of photographs from a city long since surrendered to the post-apocalyptic future.
7. Discover: Replacement Hipsters is simply rad; it is a street style site dedicated to the elderly folk of Dublin in all their sartorial splendour.
8. Discover: The Good Room are collecting regrets to create a new performance work. Grand or finite, vague or descriptive – be honest. Share. Confess. Share and submit your darker moments. Hold them to light, watch them refract and marvel at each possibility lost.
9. Make: To round off all that discovering, we give you deliciousness in the form of Nutella pie pops. So easy to make, these mini pies can be created with nutella or alternatively, jam, berries or peanut butter. Or experiment with whatever your heart desires.